Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas and New Years

New Years Eve we had a couple of friends over along with their kids. Very low key and nice not to have to get a babysitter or worry about what to wear and all that fun stuff that goes along with going out. Maybe I was just super excited we were staying in since I am pregnant. The kids all had a great time, they played great, decorated cupcakes, some of the girls took a shower..Rylee's favorite thing to do when she is here, and ate lots of junk food--their was plenty of that!! All of us girls sat around the counter almost the whole night...:) The guys either played cards in the garage or as you can see some of the ones that lost played rock band, they were hilarious to watch, they were very into it, the kids knew to just sit back and watch after getting yelled at a couple of times after they were being too loud or they would walk in front of the TV. All in all it was a great night and I think everyone was gone by 12:30 and I went to bed about 1:30 after I cleaned up and vacuumed... Yes for those of you that know me quite well, I cant stand having a dirty house to wake up to, and I love to vacuum!! New Years Day was very low keyed, I cleaned up some more, got caught up some wash and then in the afternoon we went to see Marley and Me. Very good movie. We kind of new what to expect from others, so I thought I would be prepared for the ending but Nope, I still cried. Very good family movie.

The kids decided to make their own rock band. Logan loves to sing and play instruments so we have almost everything. Can you only imagine 7 kids with 7 different instruments in the family room??? YIKES!!
The Older kids and Grandma and Grandpa getting a North Face coat or clothes.
Brooklyn picked out this bag with her name on it, and forgot all about, as you can tell she loved it.
I think every ones favorite gift was Logan's he got a drum set with headphones to sing in. Every time we have people over this is the first thing kids(and adults) go for.

No comments: