Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Cheer

I had a couple of new friends and old friends over to have a cooking party. We made a ton of different things lots of fun to hear stories and catch up on the "old times."

This is Logan and his Jingle Jog certificate. We were all so very proud of him. He had to wheel for 8 minutes straight. He walked right before this too so he was really tired. I went to school early to watch him walk again and to make sure I was doing everything right. Logan was telling me I was not putting his braces on right....well I was, what does he know. Brian also showed up early and watched him a little. Brian goes "wow this is kind of a tear jerker" Well thats all it took and the water fountain began. I kind of felt like I was going to cry earlier when Logan was whining and didnt want to walk but I pulled myself toghether. I thought I did all of that the week before. I guess not and it didnt stop until Logan was done with his jog, people probably thought I was the craziest mom. I have to say he was soo cute.. everytime he came around the bleachers he would wave at everyone. He loves all the attention!!
This is one of Logans helpers, she actually helps on Mondays when they have gym. She came in special just for him to keep him going. He sure is loved by all.
This is all of Logans cheering squad...well the loudest of Logans fans. We ALL pulled ourself together for a picture. Sorry its not the best picture but you get the jist of it. It was funny because Deb was going to say something to me and she saw me crying and then she started. Its just sooo amazing to see Logan doing all this and accomplish so much in life. We had a doctors appt this morning to see what we can do with his vesicostomy, we are soo sick of him getting wet all the time. If you know Logan you know what I am talking about for those of you who dont know what that is.. well it is where Logan goes to the bathroom... Enough of that, that could be a book in itself. We have to talk over a couple of things and get a second opinion on a potential surgery.
This is the snow on Sunday. WOW can you even believe all of it. I love the snow but when you cant even go out and enjoy it, it kind of stinks. And Logan hates the snow, he thinks he is going to melt. The girls went outside to play or shovel the steps(they said that I would make them do it anyways so they might as well get to it..Wow I wasnt even going to tell them that but how should I take that???) I told them dont worry about the steps since its going to be nasty all day and it would be bad again in 1 hour. So Mike told them to clean off the trampoline. It took them over 1/2 hour to do that with no complaining????? The dogs are having a hard time trying to find a place to go to the bathroom and the horses..well their another story. I have a horse right now who is on the verge of going colic. This time of year horses have a tendancy to have this happen with the weather. He is not eating the greatest or drinking or going to the bathroom. I had the vet over and he gave him a clean out, through the rear end and stuck this tube up his nose and ran some sort of oil through it to try and clean him out.. Still didnt work so I was off to Coopersville vet on Saturday afternoon to get some more meds for him... the joy of horses. Sorry that was probably disgusting for some of you. Brooklyn might have a different view now on being a vet, and Lexi got a great eye opener.

W e were supposed to have Mike's mom's side over on Sunday but that got cancelled. Tonight we are off to my parents for Christmas, I cant wait for her great food. She is the best cook. Have a great Christmas!!



2 comments:

Mary said...

Way to go Logan!!!! How awesome to see how far he has come!! I am sure you are proud and it does bring tears!!
Aunt Mary

The VanderZwaags said...

Go Logan!!!!!

Thanks Kathy for talking about the horse...I feel...ummm....YUCK!

Tell the girls they can come over to my house and shovel too!!! Miss seeing you!! I have something to tell you....but not on the blog! (NO!!! I'm not pregnant!!!)