Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tis the season

I took some pictures of the kids by the tree the other day hoping to capture the "perfect" picture.. I dont know if we got that perfect picture but a couple of them turned out. This one is not the one we are sending out but I thought it was so cute and so funny when we were trying to explain to Logan how to make a fist and put his hands under his chin. He kept looking at Brooklyn or Jess to see if he was doing it right. I dont know why it is dark on the right side, I have no idea how to use my camera.
I just had to post another picture of the animals, they are always so cute snuggled up together, Titan and the cat Butterscotch are like mother and daughter and Boscoe he is just the dog who doesnt care for the cat. I failed to mention we had a death in our animal family 2 weeks ago. Titan likes to act like a mother cat and play with the cat in his mouth and shake it around. Well the cat didnt look to good at night so Mike put the cat in the bed(cat bed) and covered it with a blanket after checking it all over. He said he didnt know if the cat would make it, it didnt look to good but it wasn't bleeding or no bite marks. Well the next morning it was stiff as a board with its legs and arms(is that what you call them on a 4 legged animal?) were straight up. SOOO.. I could have cried but kept it together, I had to tell Brooklyn something, it was kind of her cat, they were supposed to be barn cats but they like the garage better. So I told her I think Oreo went to find a happy place to run away and die, since cats do that. Right??? So she was ok with that but still sad because the cats would walk with her down to the bus stop, play with the kids and run back up when the bus came, it was quite cute. Now everyone keeps telling Brook "I think I saw your cat by my house" or "I saw a black and white cat in the tree or in the bushes" and on and on, so I still think she thinks their is hope. Little does she know.. Poor girl or should I say Poor cat. So we really dont know if the dog killed the cat or if it had some internal problems. Who knows. WOW sorry that was kind of long. Does any of that make sence to you?

Logan and I trying to bake some Christmas cookies. I bought some sugar cookies thinking how easy is this, I will just roll it out and make some cookies. Well it didn't roll well at all. Logan ended up smacking them with his hand and then I gave up. Are sugar cookies not meant to roll out?? I just bought the pillsbury roll ones??? I have no idea. I usually make the dough(my mom usually makes the cut outs, I cant lie and hers are the best). I thought this would be really easy and the kids love to bake and frost cookies. Maybe next time for something fast and easy I will have to buy the ones that are already cut out.

We also made some Hot Chocolate, probably not again with the kids, very messy since its all powdery stuff, but again the kids LOVE to bake. We turned on the Christmas music and went to town. Its so cute listening to Logan sing Christmas songs, expecially Away in A Manger. Or Rudolph, he comes home with a new song every day. You probably wouldnt know what he was singing since his letters dont come out quite right but I know and its so precious. I actually recorded him singing and doing his memory verse which is Luke 2: 6 & 7. So amazing how he can memorize that. And ask so many question about Jesus. He told me yesterday that its Jesus Birthday at Christmas!
I almost forgot to mention that Mike and I went to the doctor on Monday for an Ultrasound. And everything is Perfect. Praise the Lord!! The baby was in a position where we couldnt tell what it was, so hopefeully we will find out in 4 weeks when I go again. The technician said the baby was in a great position where she could get some great pictures. Mike thinks its a girl and I think a boy, we are all wishing secretely for a boy. I am hoping and praying for a healthy baby. The babys heartbeat was 140. I dont know how to scan the pictures so I will try and have Jessica do that some time soon.
Mike left today for Florida with some guys from his race team and Josh, his employee. They went to a PRI show, its all about Racing stuff. To but to be in a warm state would be great, he will be home late Saturday night. Chris has the kids this weekend so I am kid and husband free, what a girl to do???? I think I might shop on Friday and on Saturday morning I am going to help Tressa and Chad clean their house, so they can hopefully move in. They have been living with her parents for over a year.
I think that is all for now, enjoy the snow!! :)





No comments: