Thursday, December 11, 2008

When Logan got home from school I read one of his stories that they talked about in school today. We were reading about Mary and Joseph and how their was no room in the inn and then it got to the part where she had a baby boy. and Brooklyn pipes in and says i wonder what Mommy is going to have a boy or girl and then Logan goes I have a baby too see. We all thought that was quite funny, only out of the mouth of Logan.So this is a picture of Logan showing us his baby in his belly. As the story continued I would read a little and then see if he knew what to say and I started to read and then I asked him if he knew where Mary had her baby and Logan goes "yes yes I do she had baby Jesus at the Fair" OH BOY I thought I have heard it all. So we went on to read the whole story again without asking questions and making sure Logan knew that he was born in a stable and layed him in a manger.....He should know this since they are constantly reading about Jesus birth at school.. These pictures are in the wrong order and I couldnt get it to work to change them. Today I went to school to watch Logan walk with his sticks. Wow I couldnt believe it no tears and he was so excited to show me. He told me he was going to walk like Braxton...I thought Oh boy he is a crazy boy with his sticks. If you know Braxton you know what I am talking about. The first picture is of Logan walking into his classroom to show his class how he can walk. At that point I got a little teary and then Logan says"Look I can walk, Look at me" and then the class goes "Hi Logan, wow look at Logan." OK at that point I had Alot of tears and so did the adults and then I kind of lost it. Wow what an experience to see that. And to see the kids care so much for him and the Love they have for Logan just amazes me, they treat him no different than anyone else. He also has a little girlfriend in his class.. So precious. As I am writing this I am tearing up, It just amazes me at how awesome Logan is doing in school, his reading, his walking, therapy, speech and the list goes on. Wow Thank You God. We always seem to ask the question Why.. why did this happen to me, why does this have to happen to good people, why, why why, but we alot of times forget that we need to thank him in times like this. We truly have so much to be thankful for in Logan, everyone always says Logan always bring the best out in everyone.
This is Logan having a little break down about 10 steps before entering the classroom. His hands were getting soar. Which the therapist said all his upper body weight is on his hands so it probably does hurt. I always tend to think he is milking it.. All I had to do it tell Logan no tears and I will go and tell the class that you are coming to show them how you can walk and the tears were gone.

This is when we was coming out of the therapy room, he was a little nervous(ok alot) when he went from carpet to tile because the sticks would slip on the tile. Once Linda assured him that she has him he will not fall he was off. She said Logan you dont have to be scared I have you and he told her "Yes I do I am frightened that scares me" the other Linda and I just looked at each other and said "did he just say that" And started laughting, again, oh the things Logan will say. The teacher says he loves the attention and always gets it. I should explain that the therapist hold on to the back of a scrap on Logans back to keep him up right, he has a tendancy to lean forward, which they say is a learning process.

These are Logan's 2 therapist at Zeeland Christian. They are wonderful, One of the Linda's worked with him at OAC along with Kathy(who we miss). As you can tell Logan is so happy, and loves to get his picture taken.









7 comments:

Meeuwsens said...

Ok, I couldn't even read your whole post b/c I was crying. What an amazing accomplishment...he is quite the strong little guy!

Brian and Pam DeWitt said...

Good job logan uncle Brian and aunt pam are so proud of you we love you keep up the good work

Alex and Jen Dewitt said...

awesome Kath~ Yes I teared up too! Cant wait to see him walk! You are so right about all the wondering, but forgetting that we need to thank God for all the accomplishments Logan has made. Who would've thought he would be walking!!!
Yay for Logan!!! We love you all and will keep praying for him!!!

The VanderZwaags said...

WAY TO GO LOGAN!!!!!!!!! How exciting Kathy!!! I remember this summer when he started walking with his braces and a walker and now with the sticks!! YIPPEE!!! Praise God!!! Way to go buddy!!!

The Bursleys and Family said...

Thank you all for ALL the kind words, you are making me cry all over again. If Logan only knew how amazing this is, he is just happy so lucky go with the flow. I should explain that he is just learning and its going to take a while before he is on his own and walking. Believe me when I heard walking I thought cool enough of the wheelchair but it all takes time. OK sorry this could be a another post. Wow lots to say lately. I am going to say my hormones!!:)

Mary said...

Kathy, as I am reading your blog I am tearing up!!! What an accomplishment for Logan!! I don't see him that often anymore but how awnesome for him!! I do enjoy reading your post(even thought they are a little long)
I love reading it!!!!
Love, Aunt Mary

GITTYUP said...

OK - no one commented on Logan's story about Mary having baby Jesus at the fair - I laughed out loud, a lot, and then I had to go get Tim to read it to him. He laughed too.
I just can't believe how far he has come in just the last year! Logan you rock! Keep up all the hard work!
Love you guys!